Sunday, December 4, 2011

Change: Inevitable but never easy




Still settling in to an old, yet somehow new environment - new responsibilities, working hours, lifestyle...wow! Somehow, I think I envisioned this being far easier and in the process, did not give enough thought to how much I would miss being outside and feeling the rush of cold air through every turn, the jokes and laughter on the chairlift, the camaraderie of the ski school world, the race world - even the dealings with sponsors.

The old hometown is familiar and comforting in some ways, yet too simple and limited in others. Perhaps the subject is being over thought, perhaps not.

Summer is simple - the lake beckons, the hiking through the mountains I know like the back of my hand beckons and I can find myself in those spaces and feel at peace. Winter is a different story when waiting for snow and limited in the time I can spend on it - the restrictions make me uneasy in some ways and make it harder to sleep with memories of Colorado floating through my head.

They say time heals all and I suppose that is yet to be determined - waiting and waiting is not the easiest thing to do, so I drive myself to perform, seek the solitude of the gym, the quiet of the mountains and wait, wait, wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment