Sunday, February 15, 2009

A first time for everything

Never having had a blog before, I felt it was time to have a place to post thoughts, observations, news about events and life...things that are of interest to me...and perhaps to others, although I guess one of the points of this is not caring what others think about such things.

Everyone needs a place to go and express themselves and we will see how this works as my place to do so.

Right now, the economic world is a tough one...and not just in the world of skiing. I see talented friends struggling every day and feel a sense of frustration in my inability to make things better for them. Yet, I also see how they somehow manage to make it through tough times and feel nothing but respect and admiration for the manner in which they conduct themselves.... it's reassuring to see them overcome the hurdles.

For me, relief is found in the simple things; time spent with an irascible cat named Hank who is as headstrong as they come...a trait we have in common too often....and in the peace and beauty that we call Vermont.

Yet, as much as I appreciate the sense of community Vermont offers, I have come to realize over time that my heart belongs in the high country of Colorado, with the most beautiful peaks, the bluebird days, the friends I have spent so much of my life skiing with, laughing with and surviving with...the sense of belonging that I so associate with being there. It is a place where I am at my most creative...where my writing takes wings and where I need to be.

The return there may take some time and I accept that, much as it is hard to do so, but better things await me there and I look forward to that ultimate "reunion."

No comments:

Post a Comment